Sunday, October 20, 2013

Great American Music Hall





Saturday Night @ 6pm

Wife:  "You never take me out anymore"
Husband:  "I just took you to the new City Target"
Wife:  "That doesn't count, I hate you"
Husband:  "Fine, where would you like to go, dear"
Wife:  "Somewhere fun, surprise me"
Husband frantically searches SF Gate for something to do

Half Hour Later we Arrive @ O'Farrel & Polk &
wait in line behind 50 teenagers

Wife:  "Do we have to wait in line- it's freezing and it smells out here"
Husband:  "That's why we don't go out- we're too old for this"

Another Half Hour Later

Wife:  "Ooh let's stand by the stage"
Husband:  "I'd rather not- it is too loud and I can't stand for 2 hours"
We head up to the balcony to join the elder family members of the performers
Husband settles on to the chair and signs "Much better"
Wife:  "Let's order some food"
Husband stares hard at menu "I can't read this it is too dark in here"
Wife squints at menu "Let's just point to some things"

7pm
Grilled Artichokes & Rubbery Chicken arrives at our table
Wife:  "Is that what we ordered"
Husband:  "Guess so"


Wife:  "I can't eat this"

8pm Show Opens w/ Aijia

Wife:  "Who is she"
Husband:  "No idea, but she is very good"

                                                 


8:30pm  Clara C graces the stage
Wife:  "Who is she"
Husband:  "No idea- she is also very nice"

                                                 
                                             
We are groovin' to the music
Husband:  "I have to get up- my back is killing me"
Wife:  "Ooh, I am beat.  What time is it?"
Husband:  "9pm"
Wife:  "Are you sure?  It feels like 2am"
Husband:  "I can't wait to get home and sleep"
Wife:  "Me too, I am so sleepy" Dozes off
Husband:  "Do want to go out next weekend?"
Wife:  "No, thank you"



No comments:

Post a Comment